“Security is a commodity with zero tolerance of compromise.”
Today, security has become the number one factor in deciding how a particular product or service will fare going into the future. From software products to real estate properties, compromise of security is a strict no-no. A little compromise in security can lead to drastic consequences. Installing a wireless outdoor camera fulfills the purpose of security.
To avoid any compromise in security, it is advisable to compare the best 5 options available in our list below to pick the most suitable one in the end.
- Wireless – Zmodo is a wireless security camera which is quite easy to set up. To set up this wireless home security camera, plug it into power and select play.
- Intelligent recording – It can be set to record only at motion detection or sound detection. This helps save energy and power.
- Live feeds – Once synced with the wireless home security system, Zmodo app lets the user play recorded or live feed on their smartphone; the phone could be IOS or Android.
- Motion alerts – The user can set the camera to receive not only notifications and alerts but also Video clips every time motion is detected. This usually works best at night time or when the user is away. It helps them keep an eye on the property/house or kids.
- Weatherproof – Zmodo is IP65 weatherproof and can withstand tough weather conditions for outdoor surveillance.
- Night vision – It offers night vision up to 20m, which I think is the best range any wireless security camera can offer. Security in the dark has been a big issue for a long time but not anymore.
- Video Quality – You can be assured of high quality video footage of the recorded video. The Zmodo security camera records the footage only in 720p. That can ensure you of some high quality surveillance video.
- Angle of view – It offers wide angle view of 81 degrees which is still better than most wireless security cameras in the market for the same budget
- Lifetime US based tech support to solve queries and troubleshoot problems on the go.
- Live feed in smartphones anywhere, anytime through their Zmodo app.
- Night vision to provide surveillance round the clock, day and night to ensure full safety for the user.
- It’s weatherproof, which is a very important factor for a wireless front door security system.
- The instruction manual could have been more detailed.
- Although the receiver and transmitter do not have a wireless connection, for power, the camera has to be connected through wire.
- Wireless Zmodo app is not very user friendly. An update is required.
- Playback from NVR is not so convenient.
Zmodo Camera is a bestseller in the wireless security camera space. This front door camera has everything a user could have asked for. From Intelligent recording to night vision, you name it. The user has the liberty to use it indoors or outdoors.
Zmodo App with a rapid response is to control the whole wireless security system in the smartphone. That’s not all. Zmodo also provides a 3 year warranty for the product which turns the company as reliable as possible for the customers. This is our first pick in our list and I am already impressed. Let’s move ahead to our second pick.
YI 1080p Wireless Home Security System
- Intelligent recording – High accuracy motion detection. Alert could be sent to the user’s phone every time motion is detected in the front door camera’s vicinity
- Live feeds – Live feed for all the 4 security cameras can run on the smart phone through the YI app. Instant Live feed is available for the user on their smartphone.
- Quality – This camera records full HD, 1080p. This helps in getting high clarity for video in daytime. This high video quality can be a game changer in case of a critical event occurring.
- ‘Baby Crying alert’- YI’s unique baby crying alert is sound detection to alert parents if the baby is crying in their absence. This lets parents do anything they like peacefully. As they are using a reliable system to get alerts when the baby needs them.
- Angle of view – These wireless cameras have a wide angle of 112 degree to cover a wider view of the location in a single frame.
- Storage – User have to buy a Micro SD card or Cloud storage to save the footages. It can be extended up to 32 GB which records and saves the footage in itself.
- The camera comes with the added feature of providing a panoramic view on the smart phone. The user can scroll the view in different directions.
- Saves storage on Micro SD card, If WIFI speed too slow, this is a better option then.
- Two way audio which allows user to be heard at the house. To guide kids, to command pets or scare away potential threats.
- Baby crying alert is one of a kind and very helpful for new parents.
- Wide angle of 112 degree. wide angle allows to swipe the frame on the screen, and get a panoramic frame of the scenario.
- Camera + SD card might get stolen, It is a safety compromise to install this outdoors.
- It has very limited night vision.
- Tech support from the manufacturer could be better.
- Since it is not exclusively weather proof, there are chances it won’t perform well in harsh weather conditions.
Arlo Pro Wire Free Security System
- Live feeds – The smartphone lets users play live streaming or recorded videos anywhere and anytime a user want.
- Quality-The quality of the video is not compromised, 720p video is a high quality clip that solves the purpose.
- Weatherproof- The cameras can be placed indoor and outdoor as per the requirement as they are made to be weatherproof.
- Siren- The unique thing is that it has 100+db siren, which has so many purpose for safety. In a danger situation that siren will be turned into a life saver. The siren can be turned into motion detection, sound detection or remote control by the user.
- Night Vision- To ensure full safety, Night vision works really good.
- Intelligent recording-High accuracy motion detection. Alert could be sent to user’s phone every time there is a motion in the camera’s vicinity
- Wireless- Yes, This is a wireless home security system. In fact, This is also completely wireless front door security system even the cameras doesn’t need wires for the power source, they run on rechargeable batteries.
- Angle of view- Provides an awesome wider view at 130 degree wide angle. User can zoom in, zoom out and turn the span as they feel like
- Battery- These cameras run on rechargeable batteries. Which makes them 100% wireless. Although, it is important to take note to recharge the batteries whenever required.
- Two Way Audio- Having a built in mic and speaker the system allows you to have a conversation over the system whenever required. This helps the user shoo away the unwanted visitors, guide the children, command the pets etc.
- This product also is 100% wireless. It can be hidden at any place you like.
- Very wide angle of 130 degree.
- Quick charging not to skip a single minute of surveillance.
- The siren is a unique feature in its own way and not to forget very important.
- Most people who reviewed the product had connectivity issues and the camera won’t connect to the base unit.
- Recording could be a bit slow. People would walk in the view of the camera but the camera could still cant catch it.
- Camera freezes for 5 seconds at the time of starting recording.
- Batteries drain too fast. It’s a headache to remember to change the batteries.
Arlo pro doesn’t beat around the bush, they are determined that they are here to provide the best outdoor camera for security or surveillance. The only thing that bites is the battery, it can drains a bit too quick sometimes.
Although, This kit is a combo of all the features required for an wireless front door security system outdoor camera. So, If the battery could run for at least more than a week. I’d go for it.
ONWOTE Wireless WiFi Security Camera System
- Quality- 1.3MP camera for better clarity and quality of the video.
- Weatherproof- Yes, It is Weatherproof with aluminum housing material that means it is fit for using indoors and outdoors.
- Intelligent recording- Onwote lets you record at motion detection only which saves storage space.
- Night Vision- Night vision quality is up to the mark, It goes up to 80ft. Not just good, In fact impressive. It leads you to notice even small details in the dark.
- Auto Pairing- Auto pairing saves the users time for setting it up and also saves the extra effort.
- Wireless- 100% wireless, No need to run wires from camera to the NVR, just plug them to power and they work.
- Angle of view- Provides a standard satisfying view of 75 degrees angle.
- Storage- There is no storage in the kit the user has to buy one on his own. To record video in this system one needs to buy an 3.5 inch Internal hard drive. Also, Hard drive can be extended up to 6TB.
- Live feeds- The people who don’t need to record buy wants a front door security camera for surveillance only, prefer to buy this one. Live feed is available anytime with the help of a smartphone or a Tablet.
- This product also is 100% wireless. Since it is weatherproof, it is best choice for placing outdoors.
- Amazing Night vision quality in the recorded video and Live feed.
- Auto pairing saves so much efforts and time of the users.
- Comes with a 1 TB Hard drive that can be extended up to 6TB which is better than most and more than enough.
- The Live feed isn’t completely Buffer free which adds to the disappointment of the customers.
- There are more stories of ‘returns’ than customer satisfaction’ on amazon reviews.
- The worst note about Onwote is its WIFI range limitations.
More than 76% satisfied customers on amazon store. With a astounding rating reviews of 4.4 out of 5.
Onwote has the simplest setup procedure, it is just Plug & Play completely hassle free.
Although, there are a few disappointed customers but who knows what they are looking for.
If we are looking for a camera that can be placed outdoor, which keeps on for surveillance in day and night in any weather. Onwote is the one to go.
Canavis Home Security Camera System
- Live feeds- Compatible with IOS/Android & PC smartphones which enable the users to watch the Live feed on their phone.
- Wireless – This system is wireless with a few cables to connect the cameras to a power source.
- Motion alerts – It can detect motion and mail alerts will be received in case of motion detection.
- Weatherproof-. IP 67 rated weatherproof wireless security camera. Totally fit for using outdoors.
- Night vision- Night vision installed for full security round the clock.
- Quality- High Quality HD video with 720p cameras.
- Storage- There is no internal Hard disk drive to record the videos, that is why these cameras are mostly preferred for surveillance purposes only.
- Night vision – 65ft Night vision works impressively fine. Customers are very satisfied with the night vision of the camera.
- Battery- These camera don’t run on batteries. They need a power source each to run.
- It’s weatherproof, which is a very important factor for an outdoor security camera
- Stylish appearance which has impressed a lot of people.
- Smooth installation process.
- Classy look and small size which makes it hard to spot once installed.
- Customers claim the customer support could have been better
- It doesn’t come with internal storage. You need to buy external memory in order to store surveillance videos.
- Power source for each camera outdoor is a big issue to sort.
Canavis is not just another user friendly set of wireless security cameras but also a good looking set. Buyers are very much satisfied with its services and impressed with its classy appearance.
For those who do not want to store the recordings rather just want the live feed on their phones, Canavis is the perfect choice for them.
In fact it is up to users to buy a storage or use it for live feed.
Although all of the above cameras can cater to your needs, it depends what you want.
Let me clarify!
Each of the above camera has something special in it.
- People with slow upload speed can go for YI 1080p, It saves the videos straight to the SD card.
- If the user wants to keep it as discreet as possible, the Arlo Pro stands a better chance.
- If the user is looking for the quality of the footage in day/night and all kinds of weather, then nothing beats Canavis.
- If you’re looking for one time investment and long term reliability, then Zmodo is the one to opt for.
- If you’re looking to store large amounts of footage and want to increase storage ,then Onwote is the one.
Onwote would be an almost perfect fit for a front door security camera. Fully wireless, large storage and completely weatherproof, it seems like the best choice.
But personally I’d like to buy an Arlo Pro. It provides the widest angle of 130 degree. It also provides the added characteristic of being hidden from public view. Something that I prefer. The more discreet, the better.
But eventually, the choice should be yours…Which one will you choose?