If you want to buy a GoPro for the first time and do not know which GoPro is right for you, GoPro has a solution for you with GoPro Hero+. Dubbed as “the perfect entry-level GoPro+Wifi”, this camera can go wherever users want to go and capture any photo without the complications of too many settings.
Features of GoPro Hero+
If you are after a high-end digital video camera that can capture clear shots even on the go and can be used even by a beginner, GoPro’s Hero+ is the way to go. It allows users to remotely control the camera, view clips and play back, and create sharable clips. It is also Wi-Fi ready and waterproof!
- Small and lightweight –This GoPro weighs only 4.3 ounces and it can be mounted on your favorite gear or worn to capture any moment. Considering its weight, it can be taken anywhere.
- 1080p60 or 720p60 video quality – Hero+ can make either one of these resolutions, ensuring professional video or photo quality which made the brand famous.
- QuikCapture, SuperView, and Auto Low Light – These are some of the settings available for users when it comes to editing shots and modifying them to capture the shots needed.
- Wi-Fi + Bluetooth compatibility – HERO+ has these two features built-in and connected to the GoPro App and Smart Remote. The App would allow users to control the camera, share clips and edit clips. Users may purchase the Smart Remote, which would allow them to control multiple GoPros from a distance of 180 meters. The GoPro App and GoPro Studio software is free for users for download and the Studio would allow users to import their videos and modify it before sharing.
- Versatile photo capture – HERO+ can take 8MP photos which is easily sharable and users can also take photos on Time Lapse mode, taking photos in time intervals. Burst mode is also available if users want to take fast-paced action shots.
- QuikCapture + Highlight Tag – With just one push of a button, your GoPro can record immediately. The Highlight Tag would allow you to mark the clip for easy sharing and editing.
- Waterproof and Rugged Proof– Every GoPro is built with a rugged housing that can survive any kind of condition and it is waterproof for up to 40 meters.
Advantages of GoPro Hero+
- Versatility – GoPro is known for their versatility since users can take it anywhere at any condition without worrying about the camera failing or being destroyed due to its rugged casing. It can also be modified when it comes to its video or photo capture settings to catch every moment even if it is fast-paced.
- Photo/ Video Quality – GoPro Hero+ videos can either have a 1080p60 or 720p60 resolution and for photos, it is 8MP. This ensures quality and crisp shots in any given shooting condition. The files also retain this quality even when shared.
- Portability – Considering its size, it is very easy to carry around and it can also be mounted to any gear and in any angle or location. It is also very light and not bulky in comparison with other cameras.
Customers indicated several cons that others should consider when it comes to purchasing the GoPro HERO+. Some complained that the battery life of the camera is very short and it is very difficult to recharge. Some even complained that when their battery ran out, they had to buy a new camera.
The shooting time is also very short and it cannot be viewed directly from the camera itself. Video transfers are also very slow, considering that the file size is very big. Some even complain that its very difficult to edit GoPro videos while on a desktop program given the high RAM requirement of the software.
Saving videos on a smartphone is also difficult given the video size of each GoPro clip. Syncing the camera is also very difficult with the app and this can make the download freeze.
On the other hand, users commend HERO+ for its 1080p video quality and the audio is also commendable. Some also praised the connectivity feature for this GoPro without having to purchase external devices for connectivity.
The User Interface is also quite easy to understand, especially when using some of the features like Burst or Record. They also found the Auto Low Light feature of the camera at par with GoPro’s other products like GoPro Hero 4.
GoPro ushered in the beginning of video cameras that can shoot in any type of location without worrying about the camera being destroyed as you are having fun. If you want to own one of these cameras without paying too much, HERO+ is for you!