The GoPro video camera series is quite well known for their high performance and versatility in high action scenarios. Their high cost is justified by the plethora of features these cameras offer for taking videos.
The GoPro HERO4 is a specialized action camera for sports that comes with a waterproof feature and functions exceptionally well as a camera too. Each series of GoPro camcorders offers some extra features in the newer models. The GoPro HERO4 comes with a built-in touch display that has never been seen in the GoPro series before. It adds to a great deal of convenience.
How is the picture quality of the GoPro HERO4
Keeping up to its name, the GoPro HERO4 Silver (Check current price) is an advanced version of the GoPro series that comes equipped with an enhanced sensor that enables one to take stunningly clear photos and videos. The picture quality is better than any of the previous best-selling GoPro cameras. You can shoot 1080p60 videos that are sharper and more lifelike than ever. The high frame rate of 720p120 and 960p100 enables you to watch slow-motion of recorded videos with stunning detail.
It also includes the protune set of features which enable you to utilize the camera’s full potential by delivering minimally compressed, cinema caliber videos for professional editing and productions. With a range of manual controls it provides, you can be as creative as you want to be by adjusting the ISO Limit, Whitelight balance, and other features.
What new features does the GoPro HERO4 come with
- One feature that definitely stands out is the built-in touch display. This is the first time it has been included in a GoPro camera. It results in easier control, shot framing, and playback, by viewing and tapping the screen.
- It comes with the HiLight Tag which enables you to mark important moments for playback, editing, or sharing later.
- The Quikcapture feature which allows you to power on the camera and starts capturing scenes by pressing a single button.
- The all-new Night Photo and Night Lapse features allow you to capture night-time events with ultra low-light.
Standard features on offer
- Professional 1080p60 and 720p120 video with 12MP photos at up to 30 frames per second
- Built-in wifi and Bluetooth that can support the GoPro app and remote
- Built-in video trimming feature that enables you to save shorter clips of importance from much lengthier videos
- Waterproof to 40m
- Protune™ with SuperView™ is a set of features that delivers cinema-like picture quality and offers a range of manual controls.
- Comes with an auto low-light mode for shooting in dark conditions without having to change the settings
Accessories included in the pack
The GoPro HERO4 comes with a number of accessories to accompany the camera.
- Rechargeable battery
- Curved Adhesive mount
- Flat adhesive mount
- Quick-release buckles
- USB cable
- 3-way pivot arm
- Waterproof case
Pros and Cons of the GoPro HERO4 Silver
- Apart from the photo only and video only mode, there is an additional video + photo mode that allows you to take photos while recording a video.
- The large number of accessories make it possible to use this camera to its fullest potential.
- Although the focus is high on picture quality here, it possesses surprisingly good audio quality.
- By mounting it, it can be used for high-action sports since it is light and is waterproof to 40m.
- The GoPro app is sufficient which enables you to use your phone as a remote control. You thus save on an extra remote control.
- A whole set of new features that make it possible to experiment with creativity while using the camera.
To put it in a better way, these are more of modifications that can be used to ensure optimal running of the camera.
- A 16 gb memory card won’t be sufficient to hold a lot of videos since the video quality will be high and consequently the size of the files will be larger. You atleast require a 32gb SD card, however the more the better. GoPro quickstart suggest using a class 10 SD card for better quality videos.
- The battery gets exhausted pretty quick and needs charging. So if you’re out shooting for longer durations, you need to carry atleast two spare batteries with you.
Certainly one of the best action sports camcorders in the market. The brand name and the superior quality justifies the slightly high price. All in all an excellent product.