Whether you want to take great still photos or Ultra HD video, you need to have a camera that is going to provide you with the functionality you need, and offer amazing video and audio quality. For this very reason, look no further than the Panasonic HC-WXF991K.
This is a 4K, Ultra HD camcorder that has built-in Wi-Fi. It even has a really cool multi-scene twin camera, and loads of other great features that you don’t always find in a camcorder in this price range. If you’re looking for a 4K camcorder and don’t want to spend a fortune, this is definitely a camcorder you need to consider.
This camera has so many great features it is hard to figure out where to begin. You can play around with picture-in-picture video recording, as well as using the Wi-Fi mobile features to add multiple camera scenes, in-camera editing with cool effects (Dolly Zoom, Stabilization, Zoom, 4K Post Cropping, and more), so you have less to do when you transfer the footage to your computer for the final editing.
Features Of Panasonic HC-WXF991K
One of the nicest things about the HC-WXF991K camera is the lens. It comes with a LEICA Decoma lens that has a 20X optical zoom. One of the features that we really love about the lens is the five-axis hybrid optical image stabilization which allows you to capture great footage even if you aren’t using a tripod. Other features include:
This camera has a second camera, flip-out display, so you can point the camera in various directions to get multi-picture videos. This is a feature that is not found in a lot of the other popular camcorders on the market today. You are going to be able to add some really cool shots to your videos that you wouldn’t be able to do without this great little camcorder, which only costs about $100 more than some of its most popular competitors.
- In-Camera Editing
We also love that you can do a lot of editing right on the camera because it saves so much time later on. You have the option to crop, stabilize, zoom in and out, and turn 4K video into HD, without having to use your computer. You can also use the in-camera editing to slow video that has been shot at 60fps in HD to 24fps, so you can get that slow-motion effect which is great for action videos.
Many videographers prefer to use an external microphone because they can use a windsock and control a lot of the external noise such as wind. You can use an external mic with this camera, but you really don’t need to. The built-in microphone does pick up some wind and noise, but not nearly as much as you would expect from a built-in mic. It has a wind reduction feature, making it a lot less likely that you will notice that wind noise.
- Touch Screen
Rather than twisting a focus ring, you can adjust the focus right on the touch screen. This means that focusing is going to be easier than ever, and you are not going to miss the important shots because you had to take the time to stop and focus. Your photos and videos will be in perfect focus every time, so you won’t have to go back and re-shoot anything.
- Exposure Range
This camcorder has a dynamic range, so you can work in pretty much any lighting conditions, no matter how dark it is. The auto-exposure feature automatically knows when the lighting is changing, and the camera will change as well so you always have just the right exposure for your shots. You don’t have to worry about fiddling around with any settings, because the camera is going to do everything for you.
- Highly Functional Night-Vision Mode
The demand for camcorders with night vision has really gone up in the last few years. The Panasonic WXF991K has an awesome night vision feature that really gives it an extra edge when compared with other camcorders in its category. Along with IR night vision for pitch dark conditions, it also has an excellent low light recording capability. There are 3 settings for low light and night vision. While the 2 lux setting is for low light, the 1 lux and 0 lux settings are night vision with color and IR night vision respectively. So you have low light shooting capability over a bigger spectrum.
Pros and Cons of Panasonic HC-WXF991K
- Price – Compared to its competitors, this is a reasonably priced video camera. It does cost a little more, but the features make the price more than worth it. This is one of the few camcorders that has a 20X optical zoom, in-camera editing, and a noise reduction feature, not to mention the multi-scene twin camera feature.
- Great Starter 4K Camcorder – If you are just starting out, this is a great camcorder4k to work with. The features are easy to use, so even beginners can start shooting awesome videos right away. The picture and sound quality are second to none, and it is lightweight and easy to carry around. Your work will look professional right from the get-go, and it will only improve over time.
- Features – We love all of the features this camera has to offer, and one of our favorites is the in-camera editing. You can use this camera to make cool movies on the fly, and you can show them without having to spend a lot of time editing later on. Just shoot your movies, and then play them back and enjoy watching what you have created.
- Remote Control – One of the things we don’t like about this video camera is that it can’t be controlled remotely when the HDMI output is being used. This means that while shooting, a lot of things need to be controlled manually, which can slow things down.
- Noise – When shooting in 4K, you may find that there can be some noise (fuzziness in the picture). While this can be taken care of in the editing process after you have finished shooting, it is something that may deter some people from buying this camera.
- HDMI Output – There is another issue with the HDMI output. When you are using WiFi mode, you can’t have HDMI output. But, if you are just getting started, this is still a great camera to use because it is loaded with features and it is easy to use.
While it does have its little quirks, the Panasonic HC-WXF991K is an excellent camcorder for the price. You can take quality videos that you can edit right on the camera, and the audio quality is much better than that of other camcorders. If you are looking for your first camcorder, this is an option you should seriously consider.