When shooting videos, you aren’t always going to be working in optimal conditions, and you may not be able to work with a tripod. There is bound to be some camera shake, which is going to affect the overall quality of your videos. What you need is a camera that has a feature that helps to minimize the effects of camera shake.
We have found that camera :
It is the Sony FDR-AX53 , with the Balanced Optical Steady Shot feature. This feature will let you get the best shots possible, no matter what conditions you are working in.
This is a 4K HD video recording camcorder that comes with a wide-angle lens. It also has a 20X zoom, so you can get up close and personal with your subjects, even if you are shooting at a distance. It also has a large LCD touch panel screen that lets you easily see what you are working on, along with tons of other great features that we think you will really like.[easyazon_image align=”none” cloak=”n” height=”334″ identifier=”B01950TCEU” locale=”US” localize=”n” nw=”y” nf=”y” src=”https://whatcamcorders.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/417UIOgcUzL.jpg” tag=”whacord7c-20″ width=”500″]
Features of Sony FDRAX53
When you are able to shoot in 4K HD resolution, you are going to end up with amazingly clear footage for your videos. This camcorder has a newly-developed image sensor with pixels that are 1.6 times larger than normal. This allows you to get virtually perfect images, even if you don’t have a lot of light to work with. You can even shoot in near-dark conditions and still have great looking videos. No matter what lighting you are working with, this is going to be a great camcorder to have in your video recording arsenal. Some of our favorite features include:
- Resolution – This camcorder has an awesome resolution. You will enjoy recording 30p movies in 4K, or 60p movies in HD with full 1080 resolution. An added bonus for great resolution is the XAVC S codec. All of your footage will appear clear and vibrant.
- Image Processor – The image processor is one of the fastest you are going to find in any non-commercial camcorder. In fact, this processor is one of the fastest available, period, and it is used in Sony’s professional cameras.
- Lens – Sony FDR AX53 features a ZEISS 26.8mm lens. It has a 20X optical zoom when you are shooting in 4K, as well as a 30X Clear Image Zoom. Whether you are up close or far away, your images and videos are always going to come out crisp and clear.
- SteadyShot – Take SteadyShot technology to a whole new level when you use this camcorder. Regular SteadyShot offers a single shift lens that shifts into the optical block, which reduces camera shake. The new Balanced Optical SteadyShot technology moves the entire block. This means that there is an even greater reduction in shake, allowing you to capture perfectly clear videos and stills.
- Auto Focus – Some camcorders are really slow to focus when you zoom, move, etc. The Intelligent AF feature in this camcorder lets you capture everything when you want to, and will quickly and accurately make changes for contrast, motion, etc., and predict the AF range. It also makes the lens drive faster, ensuring that you capture every shot.
- Controls – You can choose to have everything work automatically, but you aren’t really learning much about shooting great videos that way. The better option, which you can use on this camcorder, is to use manual controls. This allows you to completely customize your settings, from zooming in and out, focusing, setting exposures, setting shutter speeds, and a whole lot more, quickly and easily.
- Mic System – It features a premium 5 directional mic with an advanced structural design that can pick up sound from 5 directions. This advanced technology results in clearer audio and upto 40% less noise and is twice as effective as a 2 channel stereo and three times as effective as a 5.1 surround sound audio.
Pros and Cons of Sony FDR-AX53
- Live Streaming – One of the things that we love the most about this camcorder is that you can share your movies right from the camera without having to download anything to your computer. You can even share your movies while you are recording them, simply by using the Ustream live streaming feature. Log into Ustream, and your video can go live whenever you are ready. Link to social media accounts so you can let people know your videos are available to watch.
- Time Code – There is a lot of work that goes on during the editing process, and the job is a lot simpler when you have a time code to work with, so you can find certain frames, images, etc. This camcorder has a Time Code function that can record in various forms, including hours, minutes, seconds, and frames.
- User Bit – Here is another feature that you are going to love when you get to the editing stages of your movies. The User Bit function will record the video data in the form of eight-digit arbitrary numbers. Again, this is going to make it a lot easier to find certain parts of the footage when you want it.
- Focus – One of the problems we did notice with this camcorder is that the focus quality isn’t as good as it could be. It can be rather difficult to achieve a perfect focus unless you are working manually.
- Battery – When you are shooting videos, you want to know that you have plenty of battery life to work with. We have noticed that in some cases, you can only get a couple of hours or less of battery life, which is likely not going to be enough.
- Live Streaming with HDMI – Although we love the live streaming feature, we don’t like that we can’t live stream in HDMI. This can only be used in playback, so your final videos will be in HDMI, but not your live feeds.
If you are in the market for a professional quality camcorder, but you aren’t in a position to pay a professional price, the Sony FDRAX53 is a good option for you to consider. Yes, it has a few minor quirks, but you are going to find that with any product, no matter how good it is touted to be. All in all, we really like the features on this camcorder. It can shoot high-quality videos that are crisp and clear, and the ergonomic controls are easy to use.